TIFF Docs

They put together a heavyweight doc lineup for this year's TIFF:

- Errol Morris finds another odd soul, Joyce McKinney, to spotlight in Tabloid

- Werner Herzog explores the Chauvet cave paintings - in 3D! - in Cave of Forgotten Dreams

- La danse director Frederick Wiseman takes what appears to be a similar approach with a different physical discipline in Boxing Gym

- Smartest Guys in the Room director Alex Gibney tackles the Eliot Spitzer case in Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer

- Not Quite Hollywood director Mark Hartley points his lens at the Philippine B-movie industry in Machete Maidens Unleashed!

- The Promise: The Making of Darkness on the Edge of Town digs up old footage of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band in the studio, at or around their peak. I'm crossing my fingers we get a take of Because the Night in there somewhere...

- Game of Death re-casts the Milgram experiments in a game show setting, which kind of defeats the original purpose but might make for some interesting viewing

- last one to catch my eye is Cool It, which already has the early lead in the 'Film I'm Most Likely To Shit On' category, as it appears to be a positive portrayal of discredited climate change skeptic Bjorn Lomborg


I'm sure there are a few others on crazy subjects like vigilante gangs of Indian feminists, or yet another Secret History of Rock doc, or one of the 83 docs on the Israel-Palestine conflict, that might end up being good too.

1 comment:

  1. me me me i wanna go take me..... me ? please?

    ReplyDelete