Football Season Already?

Just finished a mock NFL auction that will be used in the Rotowire season preview mag. $100 cap, 2 RB/3 WR/1 Flex, nothing tricky in the 'scoring' (not that we'll play it out). Here's the squad I ended up with:

QB - Eli Manning, NYG $3
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac $31
RB - LeSean McCoy, Phi $13
WR - DeSean Jackson, Phi $18
WR - Michael Crabtree, SF $11
WR - Dwayne Bowe, KC $6
R/W- LenDale White, Sea $1
TE - Dallas Clark, Ind $10
K - Nick Folk, NYJ $1
DEF- Dallas $1
RES- Donald Brown, Ind $3
RES- Mark Sanchez, NYJ $1
RES- Early Doucet, Ari $1

Some thoughts:

- tight end is ridiculously deep. The bottom dropped out of the market after the top few guys (Clark, Gates and Vernon Davis) and had I waited, I could have had a guy like Brent Celek for half the price. Oh well.
- normally I do a better job of staggering my bye weeks, but given that this was a mock I was more worried about price enforcement than a playable roster, given the limited bench spots.
- I got basically no one I was targeting in my head (Frank Gore, Shonn Greene, Jahvid Best, Calvin Johnson, Sidney Rice...) going into the auction.I could have had Kevin Kolb at the same price I got Eli for, but by that time I already had Jackson and McCoy, and buying another Eagle seemed silly. I'll assume that means I did a good job of being agnostic, and just took value when it presented itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment