Exciting Karaoke Adventures

Last night I allowed myself to be dragged off to Pickering for karaoke, mainly in an attempt on my part to avoid the rainbow hordes (my place being not too far from Pride Ground Zero.) It actually turned out to be a little bit of all right; nice venue (the basement of the Fox & Fiddle Mansion), decently enthusiastic and fun crowd, and a rather gorgeous, sweet and competent (you'd be stunned at how rare the latter is in Toronto) bartender.

Someone there asked me what "my songs" were. As the list of Travesties each month demonstrates I don't have a small list of songs I sing regularly, but there are some songs I tend to think of as my 'go-to' repetoire, the songs that with the right audience and on the right night can absolutely kill. Off the top of my head that list would include, in no particular order:

Mac the Knife - Bobby Darin
Rock 'n' Roll Suicide - David Bowie
Hallelujah - Rufus Wainright
Creep - Radiohead
Aenima - Tool
Little Red Corvette - Prince
Go With The Flow - Queens of the Stone Age
Everlong - Foo Fighters

I'm likely forgetting a couple.

So if you ever wonder which karaoke songs I consider "mine", this would be the closest thing to that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment