What You Missed

Since I live in a city where there is, at worst, merely decent bar karaoke available somewhere every night of the week, I tend to get around. This past Sunday's venue of choice was the Rivoli.

My eventual set list, pieced together from memory:

Stage Fright - The Band
Take Me I'm Yours - Squeeze
Rich Girl - Gwen Stefani
Midlife Crisis - Faith No More
The Love Boat Theme

The Gwen was a special birthday request from one of the Gamine sisters. Trust me, it won't happen again. I can make no such promise about the Love Boat though... old timey Monday night Dance Cavers would understand.

Highlight of the night might have been a slightly drunken compliment from Someone Who Should Know, telling me I had a great voice and that he'd love to give me vocal lessons some time. If it were anybody else I'd have thought he was hitting on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment