I'm Sure the Germans Have a Word For This

I'm on the board in my Facebook Death Pool.

Doug Fieger, lead singer of rock group the Knack, died at 57 after a battle with cancer, his brother Geoffrey confirmed today. “I’ve had 10 great lives,” Fieger told the Detroit News in a January interview. “And I expect to have some more. I don’t feel cheated in any way, shape or form.”


I was the only person in the pool who picked him so yay, 43 points for me. I'm sure that Heaven, or your afterlifal equivalent of choice, has a place in it for purveyors of awesome power pop. The Knack really deserved to be more than two-hit wonders.



For posterity, here's my rest of my Death Pool roster. (There was no draft, everyone just submitted a list of 25 names). Some are there based on research, some on wishful thinking, and one in the believe that there really is such a thing as justice in this universe:

Muhammed Ali
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Jean Beliveau
Pat Burns
Fidel Castro
Dick Cheney
Noam Chomsky
Dick Clark
Gary Coleman
Jeff Conaway
Ronnie James Dio
Kirk Douglas
Roger Ebert
Bobby Heenan
Dennis Hopper
Etta James
Steve Jobs
BB King
Gene Kiniski
Artie Lange
Abdelbaset al-Megrahi
Merlin Olsen
Nancy Reagan
Mickey Rooney

No comments:

Post a Comment