BP Gets Pwned

In their preseason, PECOTA-driven predictions, Baseball Prospectus projected the Washington Nationals to finish in fourth place in the NL East at 77-85, six games ahead of the Florida Marlins at 71-91.

Now, those two teams are my beat for Rotowire, so I know them fairly well. I looked at those projections and thought to myself, "No chance." The Nats are a mess of misplaced assets still trying to dig out from under the incompetence of Jim Bowden, while the Fish feature a bunch of young kids with crazy upside that PECOTA pegged low because of their scanty track records. Plus, everyone knows fish eat gnats.

Well, those two teams also opened the season playing each other.

The Marlins swept all three games, outscoring the Nationals 26-13.

(Author's note: yes, I follow sports. A well-rounded blogger is an entertaining blogger, so nyah nyah.)

(Author's additional note: Subscriptions required for both links, so you'll just have to take my word for it.)

(Author's final note: yes, the preceding post was in English. Philistines.)

No comments:

Post a Comment